Mondays can be a bit overwhelming and I thought everyone could use a little inspiration. In hopes of giving it a different perspective and trying to start the week off on the right foot, I’ve decided to start Inspiration Monday. Every Monday I will introduce a word or thought to try and give a few minutes of peace and insight into Mondays. Maybe we can make Mondays a little more Fabulous and a little less dreary!
Today’s word is EMBRACE.…
That word kind of makes me sigh with contentment. There are so many things to embrace and I am going to list 10 of them. As always, I appreciate your input and would love for you to add any I missed in the comment section and start a conversation!
1. Embrace who you are. You may not always feel like it, but you are amazing and fabulous! Other people see it, it’s time you did too.
2. Embrace differences. Everyone is different and that is what makes the world so great. How boring would it be if we were all carbon copies of each other? Accept and embrace your differences and take it as an opportunity to learn something new.
3. Embrace opportunities. Be aware of what is going on around you. Sometimes opportunities present themselves and we are too busy focused on other things we let those opportunities pass us by. Or we are afraid to take an opportunity. Don’t be. Take the chance. Get to know someone new. Take a new job. Go on a trip.
4. Embrace each other. Don’t forget about the people closest to you. Your family. Your friends. It’s so easy to take them for granted. Pick up the phone and call your mom or dad, your sister or brother, or your best friend. Has it been too long since you’ve talked to someone? Find a few minutes today.
5. Embrace change. Life is all about change. Change can be scary and sometimes our knee jerk reaction is to fight it, but it’s inevitable. Instead, learn to embrace change and you will soar.
6. Embrace knowledge. Whether we realize it or not, we learn everyday. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and gain a better understanding.
7. Embrace the moment. Live in the moment. We are so busy micro-managing every moment of our days. We focus on what upset us 10 minutes ago, an hour ago, or a week ago. Or we are worried about tomorrow. Yes you have to plan, but there is a time and a place. Maybe at this moment, you need to be present. Be focused on the people you are with and the activity you are doing. Don’t be distracted by your emails, text messages, etc. Most of that information can wait until you are done with your moment and you won’t have missed a thing!
8. Embrace small things. A hug from a loved one. A random smile. A stranger holding the door open for you. The smell of lilac bushes in bloom. Five minutes of total silence where you can just close your eyes, shut off your mind and rejuvenate your soul.
9. Embrace your fears. Everyone is afraid of something. Spiders. Ghosts. Your mother-in-law. Accept that you are afraid of it, but approach it with an open mind and maybe your fears will go away. If not, it’s part of what makes you special.
10. Embrace the good things. What are the good things? Big house? Fancy cars? Maybe, but I think the good things are a loving family, good friends and peace of mind. If you don’t have those things, they are very attainable! Good things are waiting for you!
Go forth on this Monday and EMBRACE your life!
Have I forgotten anything to embrace? What did you embrace today? Please share them in the comment section. If there is an inspirational word you would like to see in the future, leave it there as well. You can always reach me at email@example.com
Happy Monday! Make it Fabulous!